Join Me for ERLC Academy in Nashville, TN
ONFUSING times call for careful and clear Christian thinking. That’s one of the many reasons I’m so thankful for the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission led by Dr. Russell Moore. They are an invaluable resource for the church. I’d like to invite you to join me for the ERLC Academy in Nashville in May.
Cedarville University students can attend the ERLC Academy for course credit for the CU course BTPA-2250. The event is May 19th-21st. We will meet in the hotel lobby at 5PM on May 19th to head out to dinner together before having our first session to go over the ERLC Academy schedule and course requirements. We will meet again as a CU group on the 20th for a morning session before the ERLC Academy officially starts.
Sunday, May 19th
5PM Meet in lobby at Holiday Inn Nashville for dinner and CU session one
Monday, May 20th
10 am – Meet in lobby at Holiday Inn for CU session two
11:00 am-12:00 pm – Registration
12:00-1:00 pm – Session 1
1:00-2:00 pm- Session 2
2:00-3:00 pm – Session 3
3:00-3:30 pm – Open Forum I
3:45-5:00 pm – Breakout #1
5:00-6:30 pm – Dinner
6:30-7:30 pm – Session 4
7:30-8:30 pm – Session 5
8:30-9:00 pm – Open Forum II
(Check out of hotel)
8:00-9:15 am – Breakout #2
9:30-10:30 am – Session 6
10:30-11:30 am – Session 7
11:30 am-1:00 pm – Lunch/Open Forum III
1:00-2:00 – Session 8
2:00-3:00 – Session 9
3:00-3:30 pm – Open Forum IV
3:30-4:30 pm – Session 10
4:30-5:30 pm – Session 11
5:30-6:00 pm – Open Forum V & Dismissal
Because this involves two institutions, ERLC and Cedarville, the process is a little more complicated than registering for a normal course. That’s why I wanted to offer this blog post with simple steps to follow. If you are interested in joining me for the ERLC Academy you will need to:
- Email me at my Cedarville faculty email address.
- Stop by the office in the BTS and get Non-Traditional Course Request form
- Turn the form in to the Registrar’s office.
- Go the ERLC Academy site and register with them as well. Scroll down to the registration section of the page (from the link above) and purchase the “student” registration option.
- Book your room at the downtown Nashville Holiday Inn. You can click here to go straight to their website and make a reservation.
- Download the syllabus here, purchase the required text books, and familiarize yourself with the course requirements.
- Recruit a friend. Obviously your room will be significantly cheaper if you get your roommate to come with you.
- Make sure you’ve emailed me! (see #1)
Here’s an overview of the schedule for Cedarville students. Please note that students are responsible for their transportation to and from the Holiday Inn Nashville. If you are flying in you will want to consider using Uber to get from the airport to the hotel. The hotel is in walking distance from a number of restaurants and the ERLC Academy.
I’d love to have you join me for this great opportunity. Once you’ve contacted me and registered I will begin sending you updates as we get closer to the trip. Please let me know if you have any questions.